Tuesday, 8 November 2011

Ensuring you remember good DSLR "Tech" settings

Aperture, Shutter Speed and I.S.O are all crucial to ensure a good quality and correctly lit image. TO ensure you reflect on this good practice, a tip. Keep your images that you believe have applied the correct settings and come out really nice. Keep a note of the light you have taken your images in. For example, the below photographs have been taken in stark sun light with no cloud cover at all. Now I have imported my images to the Macs and if I have forgotten what settings I have used to create these images that I am happy with, we can still find out the settings. Click on the image icon/file once and then hold down (cmd) and (i). Then click on the information tab. The software then relays the setting information back to us. So my recent walk around the fields local to my house resulted in the images below which came out well. I now know the exact settings to shoot when there is low sunshine, around 3-5pm and no cloud cover.


1/160 Shutter Speed, 4.5 aperture, I.S.O 100

1/160 Shutter Speed, 4.5 aperture, I.S.O 100
1/200 Shutter Speed, 4.5 aperture, I.S.O 100
1/160 Shutter Speed, 4.5 aperture, I.S.O 100

1/160 Shutter Speed, 4.5 aperture, I.S.O 100

1/80 Shutter Speed, 4.5 aperture, I.S.O 100





No comments:

Post a Comment