Wednesday, 24 November 2010

Jessica Hines, My Brothers War

"In 1967 my brother, Gary, was drafted into the US Army during the American war in Vietnam"
States Jessica Hines.  "My pre-war brother, a normal and well-adjusted person became, according to the US Veterans' Administration, 50% disabled. He took his own life ten years later."She continued
Twenty-five years after his death, I discovered among his belongings, a memo pad that revealed the names and addresses of his wartime friends, some of whom, with diligence, I managed to contact – 35 years after the war."

Jessica Hines taking her brothers old belongings back to Vietnam and revisitied the same locations he was at war and compares the difference and similarities to the modern day, while at the same time, discovering what her brother went through that led to post traumatic stress that eventually went on to kill him.






2 comments: